Customer’s Rights & Responsibilities
- The customer has the right to considerate and respectful service.
- The customer has the right to obtain service without regard to race, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, diagnosis, or religious affiliation.
- Subject to applicable law, the customer has the right to confidentiality of all information pertaining to his/her medical equipment service. Individuals or organizations not involved in the customer’s care may not have access to the information without the customer’s written consent.
- The customer has the right to make informed decisions about his/her care.
- The customer has the right to reasonable continuity of care and service.
- The customer has the right to voice grievances without fear of termination of service or other reprisal in the service process.
- The customer will be provided with Ford's Drugs and Medical's HIPAA and HITECH Privacy Practices.
- The customer should promptly notify of any Ford's Drugs and Medical equipment failure or damage.
- The customer is responsible for any rental equipment that is lost or stolen while in their possession and should promptly notify Ford's Drugs and Medical in such instances.
- The customer should promptly notify Ford's Drugs and Medical of any changes to their address, telephone, or payment such as a health insurance or credit card information.
- The customer should promptly notify Ford's Drugs and Medical of any changes concerning their physician or other health care practitioner.
- The customer should notify Ford's Drugs and Medical of discontinuance of use.
- Except where contrary to federal or state law, the customer is responsible for any equipment rental and sale charges which the customer’s insurance company/companies does not pay.
Customer Suggestions Or Complaints
We value your suggestions and we will work hard to resolve any complaints. If you have a suggestion or a complaint, please call Ford's Drugs and Medical during our business hours at 864-585-3341 or after hours you may email us at the address provided above. We will work with you to resolve any complaints and answer questions as quickly and efficiently as possible. You will be asked to provide your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and health insurance information, if applicable, and a summary of the complaint or question.
Our Compliance Officer will be informed of your complaint. All logged complaints will be investigated, acted upon, and responded to within five (5) working days after receipt of the complaint. If there is no satisfactory resolution of the complaint, the next level of management will be notified progressively.
All complaints are reviewed quarterly by the Quality Improvement Team and are kept confidential.
In the event your complaint remains unresolved you may file a complaint with our Accreditor, The Compliance Team Inc., via their website www.TheComplianceTeam.orgor phone, 888-291-5353.